Emerging Artist Award Nominations
To view the list of fabulous recipients of the Emerging Artist Award, please visit this page.
Nominate a musician for the Emerging Artist Award!
What is it?
The Emerging Artist Award was created in 2001 to recognize upcoming talented local musicians. Since then, the award has been given to 10 artists who have used the opportunities provided as a springboard to advance their career. You can read more about past winners by visiting our Emerging Artist page.
The Emerging Artist Award includes
- Press coverage leading up to the festival
- A 45-min paid slot on the Main Stage at the festival
- A consultation with the PFF’s Artistic Director about promotional materials and selling your act to bookers
- A trip with PFF organizers to the Ontario Council of Folk Festival‘s annual conference
(The PFF covers the registration fee, hotel room, and a per diem)
- A permanent page on our website with your bio, photo, and a video
- A guaranteed paid slot at the next year’s festival
You can learn more about some of the past recipients of the award here.
What makes an artist a good candidate for the award?
- Very musically talented, and their talent is unique.
- Original singer-songwriters.
- Takes their musical career seriously, and intend to continue as a professional musician.
- Thinking about touring, or have begun touring.
- Have already done some recording.
- Have a press kit in place, or have started to work on a press kit.
- Live in the Peterborough area.
There is no age limit. Musicians are encouraged to nominate themselves. Bands may apply, but historically solo acts or duos have won the award. There is no fee for application.
The deadline for the Emerging Artist Award is May 31, 2013; The winner will be notified by June 15, 2013.
Please complete the form below; be sure to leave a note telling us where we can listen to the artist’s music online (no live performance suggestions, please).
[contact-form 1 "Emerging Artist Submission Form"]